Interesting fact about the kitchen is that it is a special room that is very different from country to country and is usually made according to local traditions. However, these days the countries from all over the world have successfully and warmly approached the interior designs of their neighbors adapted it and created some interesting interior kitchen design solutions. Scandinavian design is one of them.
Motifs and characteristics of Scandinavian kitchen
The Scandinavian kitchen is the best refreshment when starting a makeover in the kitchen. It has many characteristics, motifs, and combinations that build the entire look. So, what do you need to know about such a kitchen?
- different metallic accents and accessories are welcomed;
- consider the combination of black and white colors;
- accent colors are welcomed;
- make sure to use neutral shades and colors, as well as lots of white and cream hues;
- exposed bricks are also welcomed;
- feel free to select a few textures at the same time;
- the functionality of Scandinavian kitchen comes first;
- upper cabinets and opened shelves would be the best solution;
- wooden elements, décor, and accessories are welcomed;
- do not purchase closing window curtains, instead, make sure to have as much lighting as possible.
Closed or opened kitchen cabinets?
Open shelving is the perfect solution of truly Scandinavian kitchen design. Therefore it gives the kitchen a more refreshed and unusual look as well as available storage space you can use for your kitchen supplies and accessories.
The Scandinavian interior design also suits small kitchens and open shelves and kitchen cabinets is one of the characteristics allowing to consider this design movement for the rooms that are not really spacious. Moreover, you can use lots of elements and attributes made of natural wood, including kitchen cabinets.
Remember that Scandinavian kitchen interior design is not about having lots of patterns and vivid colors. Instead, this is the design requiring clean lines and neutral colors, creating the minimalistic look and giving the kitchen more space.
This design movement is very clean and simple but, yet, you can apply so many kitchen accessories and supplies. A big variety of textures available for Scandinavian kitchen design ideas, on the other hand, helps to compensate for the lack of different color options and create a harmony.